Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Look at This! Miniature Dollhouse Aquarium

I know some of you are like me and love anything small or miniature. My preference is 1/12 size and that’s what most dollhouses are. One day I got a wild hair and decided I wanted to make something for my dollhouse (that isn’t even finished yet) that I hadn’t seen before. I thought and thought and this is what I came up with. I had no idea what to make it out of but this is a baby food container and it was the perfect size. I had some of that wonderful fake water and the rocks. I made the fish and the turtle out of polymer clay. not perfect, mind you, but they worked. I do wish now I had spent more time on them. I was just so excited to get it done so I could light it up. I used fake plant life and I thought it did the job. I used the lid for the top and then on the back I have the pump hanging over the side. I was pretty proud of myself at the time. Looking back, I realize I could have done better but I don’t think my dollhouse family minds that it isn’t perfect. Actually, I don’t think they mind that their house isn’t finished. They have all the furniture they need and most of the inside is done minus a few windows. Smile oops! I know I will get around to it one of these days just like all my other craft projects that I have started. I’m sure any crafter can relate to that. Here’s to “Some Day”.

DSC03958

DSC03959

No comments: