Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dolls and more miniatures

So here I am again with more miniatures. First, I would like to tell you that I’m a doll collector, whether it be something already made or OOAK’s (One of a Kind). Lots of my dolly friends are having their OOAKS reproduced and I’m so happy for them. They make them out of polymer clay. OOAK’s are my favorite because there isn’t another one like it. I usually collect the ones that are under 6". I do have a couple that are dollhouse size and I really love them. I don’t see how they can make them that small and them look so good. I started sculpting but got really sick with Lyme disease so never got to sculpt much. I love doing it though. Most of mine looked like little old men so it might be good that I had to quit. :0)

Today I’m going to show you a miniature gift bag that I made a few years ago. I filled it with lots of miniature goodies. Things that I thought a child would like. I gave it to Riley Kish. I’m sure some of you know her. She is 7 1/2" tall and made by Helen Kish, who just happens to be my favorite doll maker. I saw a tutorial on Pinterest that shows how to do this and I will post the link, only it’s for a grown up. I guess to Riley a grown up would be pretty big. :0) Anyway, here’s the link to another bag that’s made very similar to the one I make. http://hellosandwich.blogspot.com/2011/12/paper-gift-bag-tutorial.html  I just made mine up as I went. I used ribbon for the handles since it was so small it didn’t need anything any heavier. I think she used the handles from another shopping bag.

So here’s the bag! I think it turned out pretty cute. I like the bee that I glued on it.

Shopping Bag2

Here’s Riley with a dress on that I made her. The apron part and the bodice is made from a vintage hankie. The rest of the dress is made from a different vintage hankie. I used to sew a lot but illness got the best of me but I think maybe I’m whipping it’s butt now. I’m getting better so I’m hoping to really get back into crafting, which I love so much.

Riley

Here’s Riley after she’s been shopping with her new bag. She decided to go green and take her own shopping bag. My daughter is really good about that but I have to confess, I’m not.

Riley 2

Looks like Riley wanted a different colored teddy bear. I think she has plenty but obviously she doesn’t.

Until we meet again!

No comments: